OPEN FOR SWIMMING - MEMBERS ONLY
We are pleased to announce we are open for the 2020 swimming season, due to COVID 19 we are open for members only and operating a pre booking system.
Our weekly swim sessions are:
Monday: 5-6pm, 6-7pm & 7-8pm
Tuesday: 5-6pm, 6-7pm & 7-8pm
Wednesday: 5-6pm, 6-7pm & 7-8pm
Thursday: 5-6pm, 6-7pm & 7-8pm
Friday: 5-6pm, 6-7pm & 7-8pm
Saturday: 9-10am & 10-11am, 4-5pm, 5-6pm & 6-7pm
Sunday: 9-10am & 10-11am, 4-5pm, 5-6pm & 6-7pm
Max 75 swimmers/hour -to adhere to strict social distancing guidelines.
How it will work....
We will ask each swimmer to arrive 30 minutes before your swim session to allow us to maximise your time in the water and efficiently change over swim sessions, if you are late you will be turned away and still charged for your swim - we need you to be prompt and adhere to our timings to make this work for everyone.
On arrival please park in the main car park, get ready for your swim and join the que at our main gates, you will be checked in one by one and asked to find a changing/drying space marked out on the beach. Please leave your bag, towel, shoes and any other personal items you will be leaving before entering the lake (it’s a good idea to bring a waterproof bag or something similar to keep belongings dry in wet weather- even a bucket with lid would do) you will then be checked into the lake one by one adhering to social distancing guidelines.
All swimmers must adhere to the governments social distancing guidelines even when in the water, if you are overtaking another swimmer you must allow at least 2m distance between you. We have reduced our numbers of swimmers to allow more than enough space to maintain this government requirement and anyone flouting these rules will be asked to leave immediately.
You will have a maximum of 1 hour in the water and we will close the loop to ensure all swimmers are out of the lake when the hour is up, it’s a shame we have to limit your swimming time but it’s the only way we can safely operate and give everyone a chance to get back in the lake after a very difficult few months!!
If you want to swim for less than 1 hour you can get out and return to your designated changing/drying area at anytime as long as you maintain 2m distance at all times and then return straight to your designated car/bike space ensuring you stick to the sites one way system as you do so.
Changing facilities will be closed and toilets reserved for emergencies only, the more people we have using the toilets the more risk of exposure to the virus for our customers and staff and we must avoid this at all costs, if (in an emergency) you do use the toilets you will be asked to thoroughly clean it afterwards.
All swimmers must go home and wash in clean water as soon as possible, this will remove all microbes, many of which can survive on the skin for long periods of time.
The site will be operated on a one way system, please make sure you always stick to your left hand side when walking up and down to the lake this will ensure social distancing is achieved.
1. You must not come swimming if you show any symptoms of COVID 19
2. You must adhere to social distancing at all times and keep a minimum of 2m distance from all swimmers
3. Max 75 swimmers/session on a pre booking basis, if you turn up without a ticket you will be asked to leave immediately, no exceptions.
4. You must wear a brightly coloured swimming hat and adhere to all of our rules
5. Changing facilities are CLOSED
6. Toilets are for EMERGENCIES ONLY
7. If swimming in a wetsuit you must arrive dressed in it if you cannot zip it up yourself, we CANNOT help zip up your wetsuit and nor can any other swimmer (unless in your household)
8. Wetsuits are OPTIONAL when the water temp is over 16c but you MUST swim with a tow float if swimming in skins - We CANNOT hire tow floats so you MUST bring your own.
9. We cannot loan out any equipment, please make sure you bring everything you need to swim.
10. Do not congregate in groups and maintain social distancing at all times.
11. Please clean your hands as often as possible - Bring your own Hand Sanitizer to prevent cross contamination from shared facilities
12. MEMBERS ONLY - to sign up click sign up for membership below
13. Participants must be EXPERIENCED swimmers to swim with us at this time. If you mislead us about your experience and put our staff at risk by having to perform a rescue you will be banned for life and details shared with all other local open water swimming facilities - DONT RUIN IT FOR OTHERS!!
14. All swimmers must be over 16 years of age unless part of the same household and accompanied by an adult (minimum age 7 years), please make sure you wear the same colour swim cap (or have the same distinctive marking on your hat) and make our lifeguards aware you are swimming together.
15. If members of the same household are swimming together please wear the same colour swim hat with markings and make our lifeguards aware of this.
16. No Spectators at all!!
17. No dogs allowed.
We are so pleased to be able to get Divers Cove open for you all again, we must remember that whilst exercise and participation in hobbies is great for our physical and mental wellbeing if the strict measures are not adhered to we could be contributing to the spread of the COVID 19 virus and putting our NHS and most vulnerable in society at risk, stay safe stick to the rules and enjoy your swimming!!
Divers Cove Team